Should Kids drink cows milk?
The milk industry has been working hard for decades to convince us that it’s absolutely essential for everyone to drink milk.
Milk supporters – and the milk industry – tend to focus their marketing on bone health and the prevention of osteoporosis. And while intuition may tell you that the consumption of calcium must, in turn, do a body good, the medical literature isn’t so sure.
Conventional cows milk is a food that can cause leaky gut. The component of dairy that can harm your gut is the protein A1 casein. Also, the pasteurization process will destroy vital enzymes, making sugars like lactose very difficult to digest.
The mechanism behind dairy causing the damage it does lies in several areas:
- It stops the formation of glucosamine in the gut lining, thereby creating a leaky gut. (Glucosamine is known to help repair the mucosal-lining defensive barrier in our small intestine.)
- It impairs immune system development in the gut and the maturation of important immune cells known as T helper cells – this can lead to autoimmune disease, asthma, allergies.
- The milk from other mammals is too high in protein and phosphorus and the protein damages the gut lining.
- Dairy products are highly chemically laden, the highest per gram of all food, and are thereby toxic to the gut lining.
- Dairy creates a mucous “slime” in the lining of the gut that prevents the absorption of some nutrients as well as causing gut inflammation. – (https://glutendoctors.blogspot.ie)
Hear from Brian who joined us for a recent workshop, he believes “we should not be drinking milk”
Brian’s take on milk is rather straightforward. Milk does not appear to the magic food whose consumption leads to strong bones or everlasting life. It is also not the dietary problem that’s poisoning the nation. And although a source of calcium there are many alternative sources of calcium.
Hear more from Brian Miller – https://betterbodymanagement.co.uk/about/
If you feel your health is suffering from eating dairy products a visit to a Kinesiologist. They can determine if you are lactose intolerant. Using muscle-testing, we can find out whether a particular food is stressful for a person by placing the item on their body and pressing on a muscle. You can be tested to determine if it’s an intolerance. Sensitivities might affect people emotionally as well as physically.
Find your local Kinesiologist here- https://kinesiology.ie